Social media has become DANGEROUS these days; you never know what might happen with you the very next moment. Young girls must take special care while using these platforms because they are the main “TARGETS”.
A very bad incident happened with a 17 year old girl from Udaipur; it was no less than a nightmare for her. What happened was that someone with the name “aryan6687” sent her a personal message on Instagram. The message had a pic of a naked body with her face morphed on it. In the message, the guy had written “Meet me on Facebook I tagged u and me in dis pic”. Apart from this, other obscene messages were also sent;
The girl who had no idea about what the next step should be, approached her parents and showed them this message. The family went to Dhan Mandi police station to file a complaint; unfortunately, they got a very bad treatment which they had least expected. Instead of tracking that guy or taking an action against him, the blame was put on the girl’s social media accounts. The girl’s sister, Saleha Patwala took to Facebook and shared a long post so that everyone comes to know how the cops treated them. Here’s her Facebook post…
“Two days back, my 17-year-old sister received an anonymous DM on Instagram. It was the picture of her face MORPHED on a naked body. He said he would post it on Facebook and tag her.
Afraid, like any minor would be, she shared the incident with my parents. Here’s how rest of the incident transpired:
– My father and sister went to the Dhanmandi police station in Udaipur to lodge an FIR
– The cops said such complaints were taken by the cyber cell
– The Suraj Pole branch of the cyber cell lodged an FIR but said they only deal with ATM-related cyber crimes
– My father and sister went back to the previous police station where they were asked to come back the next day
– Yesterday they were directed to Circle Inspector (CI) where my sister narrated the incident AGAIN to a lawyer
– The lawyer, CI, and an officer decided to morally lecture my sister and father
Officer: “Aap Bohra logo ko parents se bhaut azadi mili hui hai isliye ap logo ke sath ye bahut hota hai.” (Bohras have given their children a lot of freedom and that is why it happens).
“Why do you post pictures on social media? “What he has done with you, he will do it with others as well. You should delete your social media accounts in order to be safe.”
– They VICTIM-SHAMED my sister and tried to influence my father to stop her from using cellphones and social media accounts
Shouldn’t they be filing cases instead of telling my sister to get off social media?
She is 17 and has the privilege of education and liberal parents. This kind of brainwashing can take these away from her. More than disappointed, I am angry that, whatever happens, we end up paying the price of our freedom.
Only sharing a screenshot of the messages and not the picture.”